Wednesday 13 February 2013

Ace Hood Talks Def Jam Departure, Says Label Treated Him Well


Ace Hood recently spoke about his departure from Def Jam and explained that while he doesn’t have any grievances with the label, he’s happier on his own. The rapper says he left simply because his contract was up and thanked Def Jam for supporting his three of his records.
According to Ace Hood, his deal with the label had simply run its course. “The situation was over with Def Jam. What I have with them? I had three albums with them. My situation with them was up,” Ace Hood told Power 105.1’s The Breakfast Club.....See video after cut...

Ace Hood explained that his decision to not resign with the imprint wasn’t a reflection of the label’s shortcomings. “We chose to take the label situation to another place, to another home. It’s no knock to Def Jam, shout out to Def Jam. I will always be forever grateful to Def Jam for supporting my career and being there,” said Hood.
Ace Hood added, however, that he is happier now that he’s not linked to Def Jam. “I’m definitely a lot more happy with the situation I got now, in all honesty, because I’m able to do me. There’s no pressure. Nobody’s calling me, forcing an album on me or forcing this on me. It’s what’s your vision? What do you want to do? We’re willing to do what you want to do,” said Hood.


No comments:

Post a Comment