Friday 22 March 2013

Mother pleaded with a teenage robbers not to kill her baby as her 13-month-old toddler was shot dead in his stroller by in front of her

baby shot preview
A distraught mother as told how she pleaded with young robbers to spare her toddler's life before they shot him dead as he slept in his stroller.
Scene of the shooting: Antonio's upturned stroller still lies on its side
Sherry West was pushing her 13-month-old son Antonio yards from their home in Brunswick, Georgia, early yesterday morning when she was approached by two African-American boys.

She told how one of them, who looked about 15, demanded money from her and threatened to kill her if she didn't give him any.  She told him she didn't have any.

'He said: "Well, I'm going to kill your baby", and I said "Please don't kill my baby."
Ms West added: 'I put my arms over my baby and then he shoved me and then he shot my baby right in the head.'

Ms West began CPR on Antonio but it was in vain and the infant, who had been sleeping when he was shot, died at the scene of the 9am attack.

The child's mother suffered a bullet wound to her leg which needed hospital treatment but was allowed home soon afterwards.

Antonio's father Louis Santiago said he wished he had been there to protect his son.
He told CNN: 'He was so special - he had the bluest, bluest eyes.'

Police are investigating the attack, which took place in a residential neighborhood, but have not found a weapon.

Source: Dailymail

No comments:

Post a Comment