Saturday 11 May 2013

Lewis Hamilton wants film career,ask for a role in Fast & Furious....

LEWIS HAMILTON is desperate to swap the F1 circuit for the cinema screen — by landing a role in a Hollywood blockbuster.

The Mercedes ace has made no secret of his desire to star on the big screen but until now he has had to settle for just voiceover work for Disney flick Cars 2.

However, he is eyeing up a starring role in classic racing series The Fast and the Furious - and has even promised to do his own stunts.

He said: “I’d definitely like to be in a film. It’d be really cool.

“I was watching Fast & Furious 6 the other day and it was the best film I’ve ever seen. Incredible.

“These guys are fast and they think they are the nuts, but I need to be in there. I want to be one of those guys.

“I’m going to try and get a role in Fast & Furious. That’d be cool. There’s not been a really good race movie for a long time.”

Hamilton already spends a lot of time in Los Angeles with his pop star and TV presenter girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger.

And he says he likes living in the States as he can get away without being under the microscope all of the time.

When quizzed about living the LA lifestyle, he added: “What glamour? LA is not what people think.

“It’s just a normal city with great weather. You go to the beach and hang out. Then go back to the house or the cinema.

“You do exactly the same things as you would anywhere else. It’s not like you are surrounded by Hollywood stars.

“People don’t see 98 per cent of what I do out there. There’s hardly any cameras, or any attention on us as a couple.

“Generally we get to walk around and live a normal life, which is great.”

One place where Hamilton cannot enjoy a normal life is here in Barcelona this weekend as he goes in search of extending his good start to the F1 season.

The 28-year-old has surpassed his own expectations to reach third spot in the drivers’ championship after making the bold choice to swap McLaren’s millions for Merc’s.

And he is praying his new team can continue their solid start over the rest of the season to be in with a shout of clinching his second F1 crown.

He said: “I come here thinking we can do a good job but I don’t know where the car is in terms of the others because of all the new upgrades.

“Maybe the others will have bigger upgrades. We’ll find out here. I don’t come here with a mindset we are going to win, just to do the best job I can.

“But I do think we are title contenders. Clearly we are because we are high up in championship.

“The magic question is can we sustain it. I have confidence that the team can, but they have struggled in the past to maintain development.

“Yet I have great belief in them, so I’m going to keep pushing.

“I had a four-hour meeting at the factory discussing the car with the engineers, so they are making every effort to make it happen.”

Source: The Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment