Tuesday 26 November 2013

Kanye West calls on fans to boycott Louis Vuitton

Kanye West has embarked on yet another rant against a fashion powerhouse with the rapper urging fans to boycott Louis Vuitton after the head of the brand refused to meet with him.

The 36-year-old is known to have been a huge ambassador for the fashion house and declared himself the “Louis Vuitton Don” on his 2003 debut album ‘The College Dropout,’ but it seems relations between the ‘New Slaves’ rapper and LV have deteriorated after he was denied a meeting with the brand’s vice-president Yves Carcelle.

During an interview with 92.3 NOW radio, Kanye explained their fall-out saying: “I was made for this moment. What happened was while I was out in Paris I wanted to meet with the head of Louis Vuitton, he said I don’t understand why we need to meet with you.

“I said, ‘let me explain to you why you need to meet with me.’ ‘Everybody in New York City right now don’t buy any Louis Vuitton until after January,” he explained.

Kanye continued: “Now do you want to meet with me? Now do you want to meet with me? Influence. They think that I don’t realise my power.”

The ‘Blood on the Leaves’ rapper’s calls for a boycott may come as a surprise to some who spotted him out and about in Los Angeles just last month happily carrying a large Louis Vuitton bag.

In another interview with Hot 97′s host Angie Martinez, Kanye gushed about his fiancee Kim Kardashian in which he described themselves as the modern Romeo and Juliet – hopefully without the tragic ending!

“Our love story’s a love story for the ages. I felt like when we first got together, it was like a Romeo and Juliet kinda thing where it’s like she’s a reality star and I’m a rapper, and people talking about how our brands connect and what doesn’t fit and I’m just so tired of the conversation of brands,” Kanye explained.

Explaining how he first became infatuated with the reality star, Kanye said: “I loved her from the first day I saw her, which I said on Bound, I don’t remember when that was. I remember seeing pictures of her and Paris Hilton in Australia and I came to Don C. and I was like, ‘Man, have you ever seen Kim Kardashian?’”
When asked if he “knew she was the one,” Kanye replied: “Oh yeah, 100 percent, had to work for it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment